Holiday home at HOHES VENN
The holiday home is located near by the highmoor Hohes Venn, which makes it the perfect location for hikers and nature lovers. There are a lot of different and exciting hiking routes, partly boardwalks.
Most important starting points for hikers in the Hohes Venn are Baraque Michel, Botrange and the Haus Ternell (all of them on the belgium side of the highmoor). There you will find further information and the possibilty to join a professional field guide.
Hints for leisure time at Hohes Venn
You can also watch our provided videos.
- long distance premium-cycling route on the former Venn-Railway
- the Kreuz im Venn (= venn’s cross) is deep in the woods on a giant rock called ‘Richelsley’
- nature parc Naturpark Hohes Venn / Eifel
- railbike across the Hohes Venn (about 7 km between the old railway-stations of Kalterherberg and Sourbrodt).
> reservation railbike (hand car / gang car)
- In spring: In the very south of the Hohes Venn, near by Kalterherberg: large fields of wild daffodils (our area is famous for that).
- Winter- and ski-sport area in our neighbouring village Rohren: In sommer there is a summer bobsleigh run, in winter a small but nice winter sports area (with several pistes, a ski lift, a coasting slide not only for children).
- in winter: cross country-skiing, starting point Haus Ternell (with ski rental, several cross country ski runs)