Monschau: Medieval town to explore…
Our holiday home is about 4 km to Monschau, if you take the road. Walking through the woods it is closer: If you take the old paths, the villages children used to walk on their way to school in former times, you can reach Monschau in about one our.
Hints for leisure time in Monschau
- Museum Rotes Haus
Laufenstr. 10, Monschau, 02472-5071
- Monschauer Glashütte (old glasworks): Everyday there are screenings at the glaskiln.
Burgau 15, Monschau, 02472-8025785
- Vennbad Monschau (swimming bath for famlilies)
Wilhelm-Jansen-Straße 1, 02472-8024930
- Monschau-Stadtbahn (city-railway offering round trips around Monschau taking about 30 min.)
- Historische Senfmühle (historic mustard mill), guided tours in the mornings; Monschau’s mustard is definitly worth trying
Laufenstraße 124, Monschau, 02472-2245
- Schnabuleum, very good restaurant (belongs to the mustard mill)
reservation: Tel. 02472/909840 and 2245
- in sommer: festival “Monschau Klassik”, open air theatre at the castle
- in winter: famous christmas market with live nativity scene in the picturesque old town